Sunday 22 April 2012

Untie your Wings by Samantha Read

I honestly cannot put into words how excited I was when I found out that Happy Daze are stocking all the new fabulous Suzi Blu stamps!! They are so hard to find here in the UK I thought I would never get my hands on them.
As soon as I saw the Fly Free stamp my creative mojo started singing and the stamp was talking to me. . . 
. . . I immediately reached for a canvas and turned it the wrong way round, scrunched up some tissue paper and pva'd to the front edge for texture. Then I randomly discovered that 6in x 6in paper fits neatly in the recess, result! I toned down the pattern of the paper a little by applying a very thin layer of gesso with a baby wipe, I then painted the green, pink and blue and again toned it down with a touch of gesso. Then the fab part, I stamped the Fly Free girl once onto white card and once onto some patterened paper for her dress. I acheived the textured hairdo with modelling paste. A Claudine Hellmuth craft stick was perfect for the title. A bit of wire, a few beads, flowers, a bit of sparkle and some nik naks that were lying around finished the piece.


I used:
20cm x 20cm Canvas
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints, Painterly Pink, Sky Blue and Landscape Green

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sam this is thoroughly gorgeous. I love her beautiful patterned dress and having her suspended by the beads is ingenious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Samantha. Have a lovely day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful Sam! I love how you suspended your girly with the beads, & her dress is really pretty!
    Happy Sunday!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sam, this is gorgeous!!!
    You and Moira are really making me want these stamps :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Sam, it's fabulous. I really must get some of those stamps.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your altered canvas Sam and also the great pattern of her dress. Beautiful project. Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.